Our Client is an American full-service entertainment company is seeking a Director, Digital Marketing and Strategy this position serves as a key member of Digital & Sports International teams. The role will support continued development and growth for a diverse roster of clients as well as the brand. Responsibilities will include executing creative campaigns, managing contractors/agencies, ideating and implementing digital/marketing plans, identifying digital revenue opportunities, facilitating requests between partners, managers and agents & maintaining web and social platforms. This Director will be responsible for shaping both digital strategy and the execution of plans, including social media publishing, on a daily basis.
- Content Marketing. Develop and execute digital marketing, branding and content distribution strategies for clients; prepare pitches to key digital/content partners to secure campaigns and marketing opportunities all focused on the ultimate goal of exposure, engagement, and growing followers.
- Partner Management. Support and manage relationships with key digital partner accounts; liaise with athlete and agents/managers to execute digital plans & marketing initiatives.
- Content Development. Produce and post digital content, including copywriting, images, videos; liaise with clients and agent/managers to develop athlete generated content, in line with licensing agreements and rights holders.
- Community Management. Collaborate with broader Our Client digital team to effectively manage agency digital platforms, content development, and publishing in real-time based on sports narratives/outcomes.
- Social Campaigning / Management. Support and manage new athlete builds and launches; maintain and update client social media profiles, sites & Our Client properties
- Creative Marketing and Revenue Development. Grow athlete awareness, site traffic and content syndication through third party editorials, feature placements, social networking strategies, marketing programs, branding initiatives, contests/sweepstakes and exclusive content promotions to drive revenue/awareness. Develop platforms and campaigns that could lead to revenue opportunities for the client.
- Reporting and Analysis. Collaborate with Our Client Digital data team to produce regular reports to internal team; utilize data to evaluate campaign efficacy; evaluate internal and competitive digital campaign performances to determine each promotion’s success and areas of opportunity/growth; create reports for clients and external partners.
- Work with Our Client marketing team to execute client activations, branding partnerships, highlights and support all other company initiatives (e.g. Made in America, lifestyle brands, etc). Participate in full team meetings for clients and ensure that sports digital team is playing an active role in both recruiting new clients and building our existing clients’ brand, in line with strategic positioning.
- Extensive knowledge of and passion for the international sports market, with a focus on global football.
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Experience creating and directing a vision
- An in-depth understanding of social media platforms, industry trends, new technologies and digital music services
- 5-7 years experience managing the use of digital platforms and relationships with digital/content/media/league/team partners
- Excellent content development and copywriting skills; ability to write under pressure for multiple campaigns & clients simultaneously
- The highest attention to detail
- Track record building and maintaining strong business relationships
- The drive to take initiative, work independently and be accountable while also working as a team player who is collaborative, positive and flexible
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Experience running reports and exporting data from Google Analytics, email service providers, CRM and other audio/video/social platforms
- Experience working with social management and listening platforms
- Experience working with content management systems; especially Wordpress
- Knowledge using basic audio, photo and video editing programs
- Experience in briefing and managing the work of external contractors & agencies
- Experience creating concepts/campaigns, with an awareness of trends and movements